Generic WSS "Error" page on clicking "Create"

Sep 17, 2008 at 6:31 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2008 at 5:30 PM
Once a user has clicked "Create" on the "/_layouts/newsbweb.aspx" page, they get sent to the generic "Error" page in WSS.  They never see the page to enter in a reason for the requested site.  Because of this, the "site approver" has to go to the "Site Approval Requests" lists and manually enter in the reason for the request (the workflow will not complete until this has been entered in - even if the request has been approved).

Are you working on a new release that addresses this (and the other issues mentioned in the "Issue Tracker" page here)?

- Dink
Sep 18, 2008 at 4:36 AM
This is true. i found that approve or reject actions are not working. But failed to find any reason.
Today i test this i found that it is totally true. I think the problem is in the listItemTemplate not in the workflow.
Please let us know whether u are trying to fix this problem or not ?
Sep 18, 2008 at 6:26 PM
Ok, I figured out the problem.

In the "WorkflowUtil.cs" file, the line:

redirectURL =

"_layouts/happenings/sitecreationworkflow/newsbwebworkflow.aspx";

Should be changed to:

redirectURL =

"happenings/sitecreationworkflow/newsbwebworkflow.aspx";

The "_layouts/" part is unnecessary since the browser automatically adds it in (relative URL).
Once I changed this it now directs the user to the "newsbwebworkflow.aspx" page as it should.

The next problem however, is that after a user enters in the reason for requesting the site, they get an "Access Denied" error upon submitting the page.
Not sure why this occurs yet.

- Dink

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Hiya!

Thank you for this, it works like a charm!

the problem described by dink "The next problem however, is that after a user enters in the reason for requesting the site, they get an "Access Denied" error upon submitting the page.
Not sure why this occurs yet." can be solved by changing the permissions on the "Site approval requests" list. Just make sure the people that log requests have contribute access to this list.

AlexK